The wilderness always has a lot to see and the best way is by getting there yourself so never miss the opportunity to tour a pristine wilderness like Kidepo Valley, it’s non-rivalled. For its stunning beauty and great wilderness, Kidepo Valley National Park has been known worldwide and one of the reasons for Uganda wildlife safaris. With the many activities there here comes Lonyiri Nature Walk, a new Uganda safari activity at Kidepo Valley National Park. In the search of wildlife, bird species, insects, flora and the people of this place, many activities have been carried out and the nature walk is becoming one of them. And just before you thought it’s a simple walk, the Lonyiri nature walk indulges you in nature for 25km in the wilderness that hosts untamed wild species.
Other Attractions & Activities in Kidepo Valley National Park
Being Africa’s most picturesque safari park, the landscapes of Kidepo Valley National Park are those that are rewarding, dotted with valleys and hills in an extensive sprawling savannah land and soaring mountains.
Several mammal species live at Kidepo Valley National Park and inclusive of which is the elusive cheetah (fastest land animal though the weakest mammal), great buffalo herds, Elephants, Baboons, Wild pigs, Mountain Bushbucks, Lions.
Kidepo Valley National Park has a very impressive bird list of over 470 bird species most of these residing in Lonyiri (the second-highest population of any Ugandan reserve) making it one of the best spots for a Uganda birding safari experience following only Queen Elizabeth National Park. Taking a nature walk, therefore, increases your chances of sighting several bird species especially species endemic to the park-like the Black-breasted Barbet, Clapperton Frankolin and Karamoja Apalis, raptors with migratory bird species being present from November to April. Other bird species here include the silver bird, Yellow-billed Shrike, Vinaceous Dove, Hoopoe, Nubian Woodpecker, Mosque Swallow, the Ruppell’s and Superb Starlings, Scarlet-chested Sunbird, Little Weaver, Red-cheeked Cordon-bleu and many more. In the park are many other small species like the insects that some tourists enjoy to see.
With the Savannah plains continuing to the neighbouring country of Kenya that borders Uganda in the East, Kenya is also a country filled with wildlife. Tailoring a Uganda- Kenya wildlife safari is one that definitely will reward your desires to see numerous wildlife especially if you visited Masai Mara Game Reserve.
We are experts in tailoring combined Africa safaris therefore you can supplement your your Africa tour with a Uganda wildlife tour, a Uganda gorilla tour or short Uganda gorilla safari, a Uganda chimpanzee trekking safari, Uganda wildlife safaris, Uganda gorilla safaris, Uganda chimpanzee trekking safaris, Uganda hiking safaris, Uganda Rwanda cycling safaris, a Jinja city tour or 1 Day Jinja city tour, a Kampala city tour or a 1-day Kampala city excursion, a Uganda cycling safari depending on your choice of safari in Uganda.
Popular Uganda safari Packages
- 3 days Gorilla trekking safari in Uganda
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari to Bwindi
- 1 day Jinja tour excursion
- 1 Day Tour Ngamba Island Chimps
- 1 Day Kampala City Tour
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Park Safari Uganda
- 2 Days Wildlife safari in Uganda Queen Elizabeth
- 4 Days Wildlife Safari in Uganda to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 3 Days Murchison Falls Safari Uganda
- 2 Days Murchison Falls safari Uganda
- 7 Days Uganda Budget Wildlife Safari Tour to Murchison Falls
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla tour to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- 2 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park
- 3 Days Uganda Safari to Lake Mburo National Park
- 2 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
- 5 days Wildlife and Chimpanzee Safari in Uganda
- 3 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale Uganda
- 4 Days Wildlife Chimpanzee Safari
- 5 Days Gorilla and Wildlife Safari in Uganda
- 12 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- 10 Days Uganda Gorillas Chimps Safari
- 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Wildlife Safari
- 6 Days Uganda Gorilla tour
- 6 days Uganda Gorilla Tracking safari
- 13 Days Uganda Rwanda Safari
- 8 Days Uganda safari tours
- 9 Days Uganda Safari
- 3 days Uganda Safari to Kidepo National Park
Rwanda safari packages
1 Day Rwanda gorilla safari
2 Days Rwanda gorilla trekking tour
3 Days Rwanda gorilla safari
4 Days Rwanda gorilla & wildlife safari
5 Days Rwanda gorilla & wildlife safari
6 Days Rwanda gorilla safari tour
7 Gorilla Chimpanzee & Wildlife safari Rwanda
8 Days Uganda Rwanda gorilla trekking safari
9 days Uganda Rwanda gorilla, chimps & wildlife safari